Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Evo8
JDMasKCUF
6 posters

the meet's.

JDMasKCUF
    JDMasKCUF

the meet's. Empty the meet's.

Post  JDMasKCUF Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:49 am

Ok So I have lived here in Bham for about 8 months. The import Scene has a few nice cars, but so far im not to impressed. I moved here from Omak.....for those of you who dont know where that is, it is between here and Spokane and is populated by about 4,000 people and the import scene there is by far more agressive. Im not on here to dog on anyone by any means but the car clubs really need to step it up a notch. Sorry for the somewhat negative post. I hope to see more and more swaps and conversions this spring/summer. I am running a 95' GSR integra with a Type R front end conversion, its not the cleanest thing but it works. I am currently in the process of buying a turbonetics turbo kit for it and hope to hit 400whp by summers end. I also have a B16 swapped B16A DA9 integra. People ask me what i do for a living or if i am rich, im not rich I just find good deals. Im down for the imports obviously, but when someone rolls up in a body kitted car and sounds like a lawnmower and thinks they are king dick....please, ask for help or ideas for your car. I have to go for now so keep a few things in mind and stay rolling the hondas JDM as fuck as always

JDMasKCUF
    Evo8
    Evo8

the meet's. Empty Re: the meet's.

Post  Evo8 Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:19 am

JDMasKCUF wrote:and the import scene there is by far more agressive. Im not on here to dog on anyone by any means but the car clubs really need to step it up a notch.
    JDMasKCUF

What do you mean by more aggressive? are you talking about modification wise? or meeting up in larger groups? What would you like to see out of a car club? you talk about stepping it up a notch, any suggestions?
    JDMasKCUF
    JDMasKCUF

Post  JDMasKCUF Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:31 am

The meets im used to people would set up races and meet every night. Here people meet once a week to once a month. Im just saying that i Think people at meets need to be more frequent, and i have heard people used to race but the cops are all over it.....i call BS! there are so many places people can race, just gotta be cautious of the suroundings. Like I said before im not dogging on anyone but a city with 100k or more people should have a nice import scene.
    JDMasKCUF
    DC
    DC
    Leader - Detailing

Post  DC Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:35 am

x2, but remember club majority vote said no racing, and its off season. So you gotta realize its hard to recruit right now. It'll pick up in summer time man. Plus i'm sorry but i gotta say i haven't seen many people helping advertise, and i haven't seen many people bringing friends aside from you and Zach.
    red02ex
    red02ex
    Head Cheese - Mechanic

Post  red02ex Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:40 am

you would think but most of the people that live here are retired lol, but yeah jeremy i hear what you saying but from my experiance of what is going on with the local PD racing is hard to do seattle has trained the local pd the know how of teh racing seen, most of us have done racing in the past but alot of us have too much to risk to continue that lifstyle of racing, with that britt guy claiming most of the stuff we just have to get people to break off of him and come hang out more then once a month but on another note there is a nite life seen here also so alot of ppl party on saturday clubs etc. and that one thing that doesnt fly with me that is drinking and driving always been that way

The seen here is tough to deal with now due to the fact that most of cant afford to loose our shit
    Evo8
    Evo8

Post  Evo8 Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:42 am

there are alot of good cars around here but they don't come out because of the cops. And my street racing days are over anyways i just want to meet and do cruises and hang out with fellow grease monkeys
    red02ex
    red02ex
    Head Cheese - Mechanic

Post  red02ex Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 am

Evo8 wrote:there are alot of good cars around here but they don't come out because of the cops. And my street racing days are over anyways i just want to meet and do cruises and hang out with fellow grease monkeys
    Yeah gabe i have too much to loose over non-track racing..... the new laws take your car (not impounded gone) loose you license for 5yrs, jailtime up to 5yrs 5-10k in fines, and as a mechanic full time i cant risk that
    DC
    DC
    Leader - Detailing

Post  DC Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 am

good to see you on here BTW jeremy. lol
    RocketCoffin
    RocketCoffin

Post  RocketCoffin Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:51 pm

I definitely agree with the notion that the car scene up here needs to step up. I know a couple guys up here that roll some nice rides but aren't a part of any club or anything. The thing is about Bellingham, is that this just isn't the demographic for a legit car scene. The majority of people here are poor college kids, hippies, adults with kids and the elderly. Not a lot of people here are looking to tune cars which is the problem.
    branga
    branga

Post  branga Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:07 am

yet somehow 52 people still showed up for auto cross this sunday. Not all of them were tuned but more then half had some sort of modifications.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content