Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Club Detailer

DC
    DC
    Leader - Detailing

Club Detailer Empty Club Detailer

Post  DC Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Currently i'm the clubs detailer, i know my fair share about paint, clearcoat, iteriors and making your car all show ready. This may also act as a FAQ section.

Also once i save up enough money i will buy more detailing equipment, and will offer my cutting/buffing/polishing services
    MPH-Mike
    MPH-Mike

Club Detailer Empty Re: Club Detailer

Post  MPH-Mike Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:47 am

Alrighty, quick question for ya then, my FD came with a cloudy CF hood, I've heard wetsanding with 1000 grit and some elbow grease buffing and polishing should shine it right up. Just wanna make sure this'll work before I go and attack my hood with sand paper (even if it is only 1000 grit).
    DC
    DC
    Leader - Detailing

Post  DC Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:44 am

MPH-Mike wrote:Alrighty, quick question for ya then, my FD came with a cloudy CF hood, I've heard wetsanding with 1000 grit and some elbow grease buffing and polishing should shine it right up. Just wanna make sure this'll work before I go and attack my hood with sand paper (even if it is only 1000 grit).

Can you post a pic?? That will work w/ the 1000 grit, as long as you follow with a wool pad and/or foam pad, then polish/wax of course. I would avoid using the sandpaper if possible because we're not sure of the condition of the clearcoat and how many times its been cut and buffed already. Thats what i can tell you for now, i'd be able to give you a %100 answer if i knew exactly what it looked like. If i had my buffer and my pads i'd show you or do it for ya!
    MPH-Mike
    MPH-Mike

Post  MPH-Mike Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 am

alright well I should be at the meet tomorrow night so I'll let you take a look at it then. My phone ain't gonna show crap haha, especially in the dark right now.
    red02ex
    red02ex
    Head Cheese - Mechanic

Post  red02ex Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:00 am

MPH-Mike wrote:alright well I should be at the meet tomorrow night so I'll let you take a look at it then. My phone ain't gonna show crap haha, especially in the dark right now.

I know most of us might not be at the meet tomorrow cuz of teh bbq here i know quite a few ppl are drinking mike you are more then welcome to come on out for it.....as it goes for carbon fiber when its cloudy you need to sand down and re-clear
    DC
    DC
    Leader - Detailing

Post  DC Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:42 am

red02ex wrote:
    MPH-Mike wrote:alright well I should be at the meet tomorrow night so I'll let you take a look at it then. My phone ain't gonna show crap haha, especially in the dark right now.

I know most of us might not be at the meet tomorrow cuz of teh bbq here i know quite a few ppl are drinking mike you are more then welcome to come on out for it.....as it goes for carbon fiber when its cloudy you need to sand down and re-clear

His clear doesn't look bad. I'll buff it up for him and we'll see from there.
    red02ex
    red02ex
    Head Cheese - Mechanic

Post  red02ex Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:13 pm

DC wrote:
    red02ex wrote:

His clear doesn't look bad. I'll buff it up for him and we'll see from there.

trust me man my trunk lid is cloudy ive delt with carbon fiber alot it needs to be recleared
    MPH-Mike
    MPH-Mike

Post  MPH-Mike Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 am

I may just paint it, though not try to match it, I'll come up with somethin interesting. I mean hell, its just paint. Never been a big fan of the CF anyways.
    DC
    DC
    Leader - Detailing

Post  DC Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 am

yea not a bad idea!
    DC
    DC
    Leader - Detailing

Post  DC Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:40 am

Club Detailer 25637_10

A hood Polished up by a guy i know named Ty who owns a detailing company. Pacific Auto Detailing. This is a foggy carbon fiber hood after a quick buff job. So its possible.

So when i get my buffer i can still take a look if you want! Very Happy
    red02ex
    red02ex
    Head Cheese - Mechanic

Post  red02ex Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:45 am

yeah my trunk is cloudy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:07 am