Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC.

Poll

Sell it for an FC?

[ 0 ]
    Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC. Bar_left0%Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC. Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC. Bar_left100%Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC. Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 7
    MPH-Mike
    MPH-Mike

Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC. Empty Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC.

Post  MPH-Mike Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:20 am

So I know I don't know any of you that well but after the BBQ I think you guys are all pretty good guys and I plan on sticking around so I value your opinion.

Please read this before voting.

I bought the FD because I could. I can make the payments and insurance, and have a tiny bit left over for small mods. Not that big of a deal. But I'm worried if the car is right for me. Yes its powerful, yes its fun. But after hanging out with you guys the other night, I feel like I lost a little bit of why I started getting into cars (even though it hasn't been that long). I feel almost guilty for having all this just available to me right from the get go, without modifications. I mean sure, it is an amazing and iconic car, thats why people buy it, thats why I bought it. But I'm second guessing myself and after looking at a lot of FC's today, I don't know if the FD is "me". I feel like it's one of those cars that makes you be a little stuck up around people with other cars. And I don't want to be that guy. The RWD is fun, I love it. The handling is great even on those crappy tires. But in the end, what would I rather have, something fast, that I can't modify that much? Or something that I made fast and personalized to my liking? At the moment, I'm leaning towards the latter.

I understand that in the end this is still my personal decision, and it still very much is. I also understand that I'll most likely take a loss from selling it. Thats ok with me. If thats what it takes to learn my lesson, so be it. But I wan't to hear what you guys have to say. Feel free to say whatever you like, my feelings wont be harmed.

-"Indecisive" Mike
    DC
    DC
    Leader - Detailing

Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC. Empty Re: Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC.

Post  DC Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:02 am

Hey man its all about the attitude. I know plenty of guys who drive big cars that push high numbers out of the factory and they're chill and earn respect not expect it, if thats what you were sayin. The FD is a sweet car and i think its cool you can afford it, and you can still make it plenty faster. I'm sure nobody here thinks any less of you because you got a fast car right off the bat. Its all in the attitude, and what you continue to do to the car. Thats my opinion, not up for debate. Everyone throw out your own.

Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC. Empty Re: Opinions: Might sell the FD and get an FC.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:00 am

How long have you had it? I'd say keep it for a few more months and see how you feel. We're not going to discriminate against you for having a nice car.
    branga
    branga

Post  branga Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:46 am

ya we're not gonna be discriminating against you man. I know how you feel tho, its hard wanting to mod your car and not having the money to do it. Also keep in mind that FC's are older so their not going to be as reliable, especially once you start boosting high numbers. I say keep it for a while longer, and what it all comes down to is how you feel behind the wheel of the car.
    Evo8
    Evo8

Post  Evo8 Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:34 am

keep it
    MPH-Mike
    MPH-Mike

Post  MPH-Mike Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:40 am

I've decided to keep it for a while anyways. I've cleared my head and figure that if I play my cards right I'll have plenty of money to modify this thing. Thanks for the input from everyone on and off the boards.
    RocketCoffin
    RocketCoffin

Post  RocketCoffin Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Hey man, don't worry, I'm in a similar boat considering I just bought a 350z in favor of going more of a grassroots rout and going 240sx or something. If you think we're going to discriminate, not even a chance. We're not going to condemn you for your car choice, we're all on a different path with our cars. Some buy the $2k project and tune right away others spend a little more and wait a little bit longer to do that stuff. Its all personal choice. IMO FD > FC, stick wit it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:39 pm